Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What's your favorite filling?

Apple? Cherry? Blueberry? Strawberry?  Most people love a fresh-baked pie, and I'm really no exception (although I do prefer crumbles to top pie crust).  But in this intense heat wave we've been experiencing for over a week, I am entertaining no ideas of pie baking.  It would just be wrong, for so many reasons.  So I'll have to get my "fill fix" another way.  Dirt fill.

Not mud pies, as you might expect in a house with two little kids who are frequent hose-in-dirt offenders.  Rather, the dirt fill is coming for our crater!   That back hoe is inside our fenced crater.  I let out a Catie-esque, "Woo hoo!"

They haven't made any other progress yet, but at least the machine is there, looking impressive and ready for business.   So now we're waiting for the dirt fill.  Let's hope they don't confuse that with land fill. 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...
    Xiamen to Dalian
    Xiamen Flights

    ReplyDelete