Saturday, May 10, 2008

The "eeehs"

Over and over, all day long, I hear "eeeh" "eeeh" "eeeh". It wouldn't be so bad if there were any variety in the tone of that nasal, monosyllabic utterance. I am very excited for the day that he learns some basic words. Here's a samplig of what the eeehs look like and possible interpretations. Keep in mind that for each "word" there are enough eehs not only to get my attention, but to motivate me to action.

eeeh...I'm hungry...

eeeh...
I'm thirsty...

eeeh...I'm done...

eeeh...I'm stuck...

eeeh...I can't reach...

eeeh...I want that...

eeeh...I can't have that...

Right now, in fact, as I type, I have gotten thirteen in a row, I assume because I'm on the computer and he's not allowed to be. Or maybe because I'm on the computer and not paying direct attention to him. Sometimes, simply by ignoring the eeeh, it goes away. Except for the ringing in my ears. Will that ever go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment