Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday Pictures

We officially have a two-year-old in the house now.  "No" has become Dominic's default response, so much so, in fact, that I occasionally catch him saying, "no--yes" when he actually does want something.   Recently we've been working on learning numbers and letters, and he is asserting his independent spirit by stubbornly refusing to say both "3" and "K".  I'm almost certainly he does know both of these because one time we were playing a game and he blurted out "3", and then looked very shocked, like he meant to say "2" or "10" but "3" just happened to slip out.  Oh no! He gave away his game!  "K" seems to be the same sort of silly game because he knows all his other letters...but just refuses to even try to say "K".  I guess it gives him some sort of pleasure to withhold something we want. :)  There is a slideshow below of some pictures from his Nemo birthday party.  You can also see my second attempt at cake handiwork. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I am still (and forever) an avid reader. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete