Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Super-Duper Lady

I was wearing big Audrey Hepburn sunglasses on top my head--you know, the kind that were in style a year ago--and Dominic announced to me, "Mommy, you look like a super-duper lady."  I wasn't surprised that my ever-observant son noticed my sunglasses, but I was more than a little curious at how he knew about Hollywood glamour with its super-duper ladies in their stylish, and often garish, accessories.  To my delight, he was warming up to tell me about these super-duper ladies.

"You know, you know...they're..." he said, stammering as he tried to vocalize exactly what he was thinking.  "Like the ones...the ones who have fire in their feet.  It comes out of their legs!  And they're super powerful.  And really cool.  And they shoot like rockets way up to the sky.  That' when they have their glasses on.  But then, when they take off their glasses and power down...then they turn into a regular lady, like you."

Didn't you know? Obviously, that's what a super-duper lady is.

No comments:

Post a Comment