Thursday, February 16, 2012

Desk Remake

Here are some before and after pics of my latest projects.  This is the first of 4 pieces that make up Cate and the new baby's furniture.  This desk has definitely seen better days.  It's a French provincial style with a dirty cream paint and "gold" edging.  (It does have all the drawers...I just forgot to take one before this point).



After:



After removing all the hardware, sanding and washing it down, I did two layers of Kilz latez primer (no oil-based for preggie me!) and then two layers of Frozen Vanilla Glidden semi-gloss.  I spray-painted the handles oil-rubbed bronze (they were gold and white).

More projects to come!

2 comments:

  1. I love the desk! Makes me think our dingy furniture might be worth fixing up instead of replacing someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this desk. So fashionable. This has inspired me to have a go at fixing something up for myself. Love it!

    ReplyDelete