Sunday, April 6, 2008

And then I lost them all

Today ranks just shy of miraculous.

First I found a pacifier under the couch, the couch I look under almost daily for little books, big books, and TV remotes.

Then I found a pacifier under the crib. Not a big surprise, I just hadn't bothered to crawl under there to find it until today. Either way, it's another pacifier for the diminishing stockpile.

Pulling a toy telephone out from the toy box so that I can replace the batteries, I spy yet another pacifier! And then, as I move a few toys I find a second pacifier! Apparently, Dominic likes to stow them away with his toys. How orderly of him.

Then, putting away the diapers that Dominic had strewn all over the nursery floor, I find yes, you guessed it, another pacifier in the bottom of the basket.

Tickled pink with my miraculous findings, I stored the pacifiers safely away to be lost again one at a time.

But this was the real clincher. I got out the air pop popcorn maker from the bottom shelf of the hall closet and was about to make popcorn when I saw a star-shaped block sitting in the hole. So that's where that went. I pull it out and underneath is still another pacifier. No joke.

So, in one miraculous day, we went from one to seven pacifiers. There are still two lurking around...

No comments:

Post a Comment