Monday, April 14, 2008

Ice Cream Junkie

I think I have just proven to myself that I am an ice cream addict with no self-control (although I was rather impressed with myself during Lent...it helps when you don't have any sweets to eat in the house). They say one sign of an alcoholic is if they start their drinks before noon. Ice cream just seems like it would follow a similar "rule", doesn't it?

Today, at 11:00 AM I looked into my freezer and saw Twix Triple Chocolate and Mint Cookies and Cream. My brain thought, "but Amy, it's not even noon yet! You really shouldn't. That's what addicts do." And yet, to borrow from Paul, I did what I did not want to do. Although, if I'm , I really wanted to eat the ice cream. The struggle was only in principle. So, I scooped that rich chocolate ice cream into a bowl--a small bowl my pride must interject--and enjoyed the delights of ice cream before noon. Yes, that's symptomatic of a junkie. I am no longer in denial. I am a bona fide ice cream addict.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete