Dominic, almost four now, is extremely verbal but still manages to amuse us with lingering mistakes. I record some of them for your here for your pleasure and our memories.
- "Catie, would you do me a favorite?"
- Upon eating potato salad that had that quintessential vinegary taste: "I can't eat it. It's destroying my mouth."
- Shutting the door on Cate while she was in the bathroom: "She needs her pridacy."
- "Here, take these cards and shuggle them." And also, "Can I go outside and shuggle the snow?"
- Dominic finished painting his first picture. As usual I asked, "what is it?" fully expecting his usual answers of "stripes" or "polka dots" or "green". To my surprise, he had actually painted something specific. "It's Papa (Grandpa Gaetano) making a mess and being buried in toys!"
- "Can we watch Bugs Rabbit?"
- "Mommy, I can't find the 'clause' button on the 'mote."
- "I know how to finger it out!"